Saturday, July 25, 2015

Leaping Ahead Into College...

   College.  It seems so big and kinda scary.  Just the word itself, thinking of everything that encompasses college.  It's built up with such anticipation.  Everyone tells you that these are some of the best years of your life.  They tell you about their party days and all the fun times they had.  And I'm sure I'll have a great time too but is it as great as they say it is? 
   This is something I've been nervous about.  I don't know how wonderful college actually is, and does it actually live up to the hype?  Do people actually grow up from high school when they go to college? (I sure hope they do.)  Am I even ready to handle this part of my life?  I like to believe that I'm ready, but I could get there and this could be a whole different ball game from what I was anticipating.  So at this point I'm just rolling with the punches.
   Not knowing where college is going to take me is part of the adventure.  I don't know if I'm going to go from being a Bio, Pre-Med major to learning 3 languages and doing who knows what with my life.  I have no clue where the world plans on taking me in these next years but I want the adventure and I want to learn more of who I am.  I can't wait to fly across the world to some place and live there for a semester.  Experiencing their culture and living their daily life wherever I'm at.  I can't wait to research with professors.  I want to find the professor I click with and can be my go to.  I can't wait to find my best friends, my ride or dies, the ones I don't want to experience life without.  I can't wait for all of the opportunities I'm going to encounter.  I can't wait to show a whole new place what I have to offer.  I have a lot of things to look forward to, and I'm really excited to go through those things but I also have things that I'm dreading about college.  As I'm sure many people do.  I don't want to leave my friends.  Although we have a really strong deep rooted friendship, it's still scary that they aren't living 10 minutes from my house and I can't just text them all in the group chat telling them to come to my house tonight for movies and ice cream.  The stuff we have been through I believe will hold us together though.  We're all moving on, some to the same colleges and others to different states.  But we all know we have each other when we come home.  If parents don't want us we always know that we have another house to stay at near by.  I think we all know that even though we're moving on and growing as friends, we're friends and we're not leaving each other.  We're excited for all of these new chapters we're going to be unfolding.  We all have concerns for each other moving ahead but we're ready to help each other through it.  That is the main thing I am concerned about heading forward, leaving my friends.  Well obviously my family as well but that's different.  I see them all the time.  And I am concerned about not being home all the time but I know that they're ready for me to leave and I can talk to them whenever I want and I am most definitely going to be seeing them again.  Friends can be a little different in that respect. 
   Just like my life, and this blog post, I don't really know the point of it all yet.  But I know as I make my way through and I go to college and I go out and I find new things and meet new people I may be able to understand my journey a little bit better.  I'm excited for my future and to find out if I really am going to hold my college days up on such a high pedestal.  I kind of hope that my college experience is just as amazing as it is with the other people that I talk to.  I want the anticipation to build up and have it turn into some of the best years of my life.  I'm sure that my years in college will go much faster than the past four years of high school went; I'm ready to take on the challenge.  My journey is just beginning and I can't wait to see where it takes me.
   Thank you all for listening to my ramble about college and life heading forward!  I hope it wasn't too boring for you all!  I'm ready to move on, and I hope everyone else is ready to follow the journey!
And here we go, onto the next adventure!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment